Thursday, August 11, 2011

And Last But Not Least...

I'm back today with the last three cards I made up using the Green Tangerines August Card Kit Add-on.

You can probably tell this first card uses up a lot of the tinier scraps left from the other cards.  After embossing and edge-punching the bottom of a piece of the white cardstock, I simply double-punched two different small butterfly punches, stacked them to look a little more "fluttery" and used machine stitching around the card and through the centers of the butterflies to give a bit of illusion of movement.  Their heads are the golden pearls from the kit, and a small stamped sentiment block adds the finishing touch.



On this card, I used the Tim Holtz Baroque Alterations die (available at the store) to cut the large floral medallion. The last pieces of white lace from the kit were just enough for the trim strip, and a gathered base under another of the white flowers (sprayed with coral mist) and a tiny white rose topper.  Both stick pins from the kit were used, but for fun, I added some clear coarse glitter to the green stick pin. The cardboard heart is simply hand cut from a piece of a torn up box...I dry-brushed it with white acrylic paint, then sanded some of the paint off to distress it, and added clear coarse glitter in the "valleys". The little clear flower from the kit sits prettily on that shabby heart.



And last but not least, this final card is a nod to fall. The kit contains a 7Gypsies tag - each kit's tag may be just a bit different...in mine was the "good fortune" tag. I chose to cut the tag down just a bit, and punched the bottom edge with an EK Success edge punch (Parisian). I matted the tag to a piece of cardstock that I embossed with a Sizzix "diamond" embossing folder (and lightly inked with Tea Dye Distress Ink), and matted those two again to a larger tag-shaped piece of brown cardstock, punched on the bottom edge with the same EK edge punch. I added a Chinese good luck coin from my stash, and a few Hug Snug bows to the top of the tag. And just to be different, I matted this tag onto a 4-1/4" square card, so the top of the tag extends above the top of the card (the total height of the card is 5-1/2", so this card fits into a standard A2 sized envelope.)  The last piece of tan lace from the kit runs across the bottom of the card...that little orange rose is one of the white roses from the kit, inked with orange chalk ink. I know we've had a cooler than usual summer here, but I can't wait for fall temps to arrive!



And that's the conclusion of the card pics for this month's Green Tangerines kit.  I hope, regardless of your personal style of cardmaking, you've found something here that spurs your own creativity.

It's been a busy week, with not as much crafting time as I'd have preferred, but I do have one more shabby chic little number to share with you tomorrow.  See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...