Thursday, September 1, 2011

Halfway There...

Well, more than halfway - the craft closet is purged and cleaned and reorganized. Yay! But you know what that leads to, right? If I've gone this far, I might as well go through ALL the cabinets and baskets and chests and file drawers here in the Korner. Those shouldn't take as long, though, since I've had to keep those under control or I wouldn't be able to close doors or tops. At least, I hope that's the case...I'm really tired of the cleaning part. LOL

But I did squeeze in some play time, and along with a card, I found another Creative Imaginations Bare Elements - this time a 12" high dress form.  I guess I had put this at the bottom of the closet because it was something to cover "just for play" and didn't have a function when I was done other than to sit there and look pretty. So I played with it, and made it just for me, and it's sitting atop a cabinet looking pretty, if I do say so myself!

Here's a little thank you card to start off...



Supplies:
Patterned Papers: Prima Romantique Collection (florals); My Mind's Eye Wild Asparagus Sisters (polka dot)
Roses, Lace, Pearls: Prima      Sentiment Stamp: Papertrey Ink      Hug Snug seam binding
Sentiment Plaque Shaped Die: Spellbinders Twisted Metal Tags and Accents

And here's the decorated dress form. This was so much fun - messy hands full of decoupage glue, paints, inks, crackle medium, hot glue gun in hand...and I used only papers and materials I had in my stash, so I had to go on a little "shopping spree" through the Korner, messy as it was throughout the closet clean up project!




I applied a base coat of off-white acrylic paint over the base and top of the form. Then torn bits of patterned papers were glued to the torso, and diluted pale pink acrylic paint was lightly painted over the papers.  A light sanding to distress and blend the coloring was the next step. After that, I applied glossy crackle medium over the entire form, and when it was dry, sponged on some Tea Dye Distress Ink to accent the crackling, and wiped off the excess with a clean applicator sponge.  A little bit of tulle, a little bit of lace, some pearls, some roses, a necklace of rhinestones, and a butterfly on her shoulder - all gussied up.



But then the base looked a little lightweight, so I went looking for some picket fence material I thought I had - no luck finding it. I do, however, have a picket fence die from Papertrey Ink, so I cut some pieces with lightweight white chipboard, and glued them to the base. But it still looked too "plain" ... so out came the Tim Holtz Picket Fence Crackle Paint...and now it looks better.  A little Spanish moss, and a few little white flowers sprinkled in and wound around the base, and she's "ready for her closeup."


Supplies:
Dress Form: Creative Imaginations Bare Elements
Patterned Papers: Bo Bunny Gabrielle Collection
Roses & Pearls: Prima      Butterfly Punch & Coarse Glitter: Martha Stewart
Picket Fence Die: Papertrey Ink      Crackle Paint: Tim Holtz      Clear Crackle Medium: DecoArt
White Flowers, Moss, Rhinestones, Lace, Tulle: Local craft stores      Hug Snug Seam Binding

I'll be back tomorrow with a couple cards I thought I had posted here late last month, but didn't...oops.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...