Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy...

Happy Monday!  Most of the young ones around here are just today returning to school...they had a longer than usual holiday break this year, and from what I'm hearing, they loved it!  I try to keep up with the school schedule here, since we live around the corner from a middle school, and just a few blocks either direction are both a grammar school and high school.  Patience is a much-needed virtue in the afternoons when each of the different schools let out for the day and traffic is crazy busy! :)

I have two more cards to share with you that I made over the holiday break. This first card started as a friendship card, but once I added the diecut heart, I realized that once again, I had another possible Valentine's Day card. I'm not totally sure where I got the "HAPPY" chipboard piece - it was in a baggie in a larger box of miscellaneous chipboard embellishments among my stash.  It might be K&Co (?)...but it started the whole design of the card, so it's an important little unknown piece!



Supplies:
Patterned Papers: Authentique Uncommon collection      Sentiment Stamp: Hero Arts
Grey Pearls: Creative Imaginations      Felt Rose: My Favorite Things Mini Rolled Rose die set
Lace: Frogfeathers on Etsy      Chipboard Heart: from stash       Handcrafted stick pin  
Spellbinders dies: Classic Petal Edgeabilities (bottom edges); Grand Label 23 (text paper)

Next up for today is a friendship or birthday card with a decidedly shabby/cottage feel.  I paired Spellbinders' Classic Ovals Large dies with My Favorite Things' Oval Dainty Doily die for the focal point medallion.



Supplies:
Patterned Papers: Kaiser Craft Miss Nelly collection      Pearls & flourishes: Martha Stewart and Prima
Dies: Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large and MyFavoriteThings Oval Dainty Doily
Sentiment Stamp: Papertrey Ink      Paper Rose: Prima     
Hand dyed Hug Snug seam binding      Scalloped Cotton Lace: Fields of Dreams on Etsy


Have a wonderful week...I'll be back soon with the last of the cards made over the holiday break...and after that, some new ones I'm starting today!


3 comments:

  1. both of these are stunning! I love that MFT die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! These cards are absolutely GORGEOUS! I'm SO glad that I decided to follow you! Love the laces you got from Etsy....may I ask where you purchased the felt?

    Hugs,
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful as always ! I love the shabby/cottage one most .

    Hugs, Rosa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...