Saturday, March 24, 2012

Aqua, Pink and Cream...

It's a hard color combo for me to escape...I seem to come back to it a lot, especially in spring and summer. The "pink" may range from pale baby pink to deep coral, the "aqua" may be turquoise or teal, but the combo keeps popping up on my projects nevertheless.  So, I followed the urge again, and here's what turned up.

I used the collage on this first card on a set of rose mini cards once before...for this one, I played with cropping it here and there into a square shape to fit inside the square Spellbinders doily die shape:



Supplies:
Patterned paper strips: Echo Park Victoria Gardens collection (pink damask); Basic Grey
Kioshi collection (green)
Spellbinders Lacy Doily Motifs die      Doily edge punch: Martha Stewart Eyelet Lace
Clipart: Roses, French label & frame: The Graphics Fairy      Butterfly: Dover Publications 
Pearls: Recollections      Laces: local craft stores      Paper leaves: Prima      Hug Snug seam binding


This second card uses a little Making Memories clear acrylic frame that has been in the drawer so long,  I'm not even sure whether I purchased it or received it as a gift/rak/publication goodie box.  The label says it's "self adhesive" but any adhesive that was once on the back had long-since dried up. That ended up working to my advantage, though (and is a good example of why it's sometimes a good thing not to purge embellishments just because they're "old!")

I took an "old" piece of vellum from Over the Moon Press/EK Success (can any of you remember Over the Moon Press papers? I used to love so many of their paper designs!), and stamped the sentiment using Ranger Archival Ink (the frame already had the black edge and the flower shape on it, so I stamped the sentiment to fit around those).  Then I coated the back of the frame lightly with Glossy Accents, and pressed the stamped vellum piece to the back of the frame, and let it dry.  I coated the outside edge of the clear frame with clear coarse glitter to add some texture and brightness.



Patterned papers: Crate Paper Portrait collection (floral); Graphic45 Fashionista collection/Vintage
Cherries (dot)
Bottom edge die: Tim Holtz On the Edge/Ornate      Clear acrylic frame: Making Memories
Laces: local craft stores      Paper leaf & pearls: Recollections      Sentiment stamp: Papertrey Ink
Doily: Wilton      Hug Snug seam binding      Satin ribbon: Offray    
Clear coarse glitter: Martha Stewart      Vellum: Over the Moon Press/EK Success

Have a wonderful weekend...and thank you for stopping by to visit!

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Kathy. Such pretty colors and flower embellishments. The pearls look great too. Very shabby and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous cards! If it works, it works! AND IT WORKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!!!! Gorgeous!!! Did I tell you Gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Your comment made me giggle, Char...thanks!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...