Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hello, Friends...

I've wanted to play with this Spellbinders birdcage die for quite a while...but for some reason it just didn't happen until now, and I'm not really sure why.  After cutting it from black textured Bazzill and dry embossing it, I lightly applied some gold accent paste and a few dark brown pearls for texture.  I decided to put flowers inside the cage, because, well, I'm apparently addicted to using flowers on my cards (just in case you haven't ever noticed. LOL).  I intentionally left off any sentiment, but I think it will be a wonderful birthday card one of these days, and attaching a sentiment tag off the bow is an easy add.



Supplies:
Patterned papers: Echo Park For the Record collection (black dot & teal pattern);
Crate Paper Blue Hill Collection/Cloud (teal dot)
Spellbinders Bird Sanctuary Shapabilities      Gold Paste: Viva Inka-Gold/Old Gold color
Spellbinders Labels 8 die      Pearls: Recollections      Hug Snug seam binding
Paper flowers: Viola Mahr      Fern & Leaf punches: McGill

This next card uses another of the little mini-collages I made using clipart from The Vintage Workshop blog and Karen at The Graphics Fairy:




A view of the inside...

Supplies:
Patterned papers: Echo Park Victoria Gardens collection (patterned stripe and coral);
Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden collection (green solid)
Edge die: Tim Holtz On the Edge/Brackets      Cotton lace: LittleRedCottage on Etsy      Pearls: Recollections
Clipart:  Floral: The Graphics Fairy   Postcard background text: The Vintage Workshop blog
Pearl & crystal flourish: Prima      Mini rose & tulle trim: Maya Road      Hug Snug seam binding
Sentiment Stamp: Hero Arts      Handcrafted stick pin using Maya Road heart stick pin base

I'm heading off tomorrow to my Mom's to help her celebrate her birthday...and taking up an ice-box cake (because we're all ignoring any diets tomorrow-LOL).

Thanks for stopping in!


3 comments:

  1. Oh my your cards are gorgeous!
    i found you via twopeas and thought I would check to see how your word verification was working,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comments, and thanks for checking the WV for me, Carolyn! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...