Saturday, September 1, 2012

A Little Cottage Chic...

I decided to work in a shade of blue I don't often work with in papercrafting, but used to wear a lot of...royal blue. It's such a striking color, and it makes me want to reach for bright white and celery green. I'm not sure why, but as long as I can remember, I'd pair crisp green and white with any royal blue articles of clothing I wore...I guess I haven't outgrown that tendency yet.

Echo Park's new For the Record 2/Documented collection has some beautifully bright colors, including royal blue, so I had to pull out a couple sheets to play with. I paired it with a green and white subtle patterned paper from My Minds Eye...and here's the end result...


Here's one of my favorite shabby fabric roses again...topped with a heavily gathered piece of white tulle, and three royal blue rosebuds, accented with green diecut leaves and a white pearl cluster...all sitting atop a diecut crisp white doily...


Two of the rectangular patterned paper layers are adhered with foam tape for dimension...and then lots of scalloped lace is used to offset all the sharp corners of the rectangular pieces...

Supplies:
Patterned papers: Echo Park For the Record 2/Documented (blues); MyMindsEye/On the Bright Side 2 (green)
Dies: My Favorite Things Decorative Doily Duo, Royal Leaves; Sizzix Flowers Branches & Leaves
Large fabric flower: Frogfeathers on Etsy      Pearls: Recollections      Scalloped lace: The Funkie Junkie on Zibbet
Blue rose buds: ViolaMahr on Etsy      Maya Road heart stick pin (embellished with pearls & spacers)
Miscellaneous: eyelash fiber, tulle

Thanks for stopping by for a visit...enjoy the rest of your weekend! As for me, I'll be working away in the Korner on little pretties to restock my Etsy shop. Thank you to those who have purchased, and emailed me...you make my heart smile!

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Gorgeous colors and papers all layered with white - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is beautiful..love the colours just divine hugs sassyxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...