Thursday, September 20, 2012

It Started With a Sketch...

I admire crafters who can craft according to a sketch, and stay true to course until the finish.  I've shared a couple sketch cards lately, where I stuck pretty closely to the original to get to my finished card. I don't know if I've ever admitted this here, but that's a rarity for me.  I usually start with a sketch, then my project takes a turn of its own, and by the time I'm finished, you can hardly find the original elements of the sketch in my finished card or layout.

That's what almost happened with this card...


which started out with this sketch from Mojo Monday as its inspiration...


You can still see some of the elements of the sketch in the finished card...the sizes of the pieces, and a bit of the orientation, got changed around just a bit...but I just went with the inspiration when it hit, and that's how it turned out.

Instead of a large flower and leaves, I chose a couple bows, some branch punches, and a paper rose...and added a bit of tea-dyed cheesecloth beneath them, a piece of heart lace to the side...


...a little pearl flourish, and a die-cut border to the left side of the large focal point image...which is a little different scale than the one on the starting sketch...and clean-and-graphic morphed into shabby-and-lacy...

Supplies:
Patterned papers: Graphic 45 A Ladies' Diary/"Picture Perfect" (background); "Afternoon Tea" (dot); "Ageless Beauty" (vintage image)
Dies: My Favorite Things Dizzy Border; Memory Box Whimsy Circle (2 dies stacked alternately)
Punches: Martha Stewart Eyelet Lace, Medium Branch      Heart lace: TheFunkieJunkie.com     Sentiment: Hero Arts
Pearls: Recollections      Miscellaneous: Hug Snug seam binding, Wilton doily, tea-dyed cheesecloth

So now you know one of my "challenges"...if I'm asked to follow a sketch, there's no telling how things will turn out in the end. :)

Thanks for visiting today!



11 comments:

  1. Oh, it's so cute and tender!!! It's fabulous!

    And all your cards are so beautiful! I'll read your blog with pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kathy,

    I was checking the Mojo blog and your card really pops out!!
    It is so beautiful, just like the rest of your work :)
    I became a follower of your blog, because i dont wanna mis a thing :)

    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another work of art Kathy! Your cards are so Beautiful.......this one is so pretty with all its layers and gorgeous textures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Kathy, when the card turns out as wonderfully as this, the sketch is just an inspiration any ways... this looks stunning.. all the beautiful layers.. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a lovely with all the sweet details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you stayed very true to the sketch and it is stunning! Gorgeous layers! Beautiful image, flower, doily, and lace! So so pretty! Take care and have a wonderful weekend, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love your card, Kathy! So romantic and delicate - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy, I just had to let you know how absolutely gorgeous card you created! I love how you added the beautiful layers and the decorative scallop pieces peeking out. Just too pretty! TFS. And good luck in the challenge.
    Hugs, Sharon W.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card! Full of so many wonderful details! Thanks for playing along at Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...