Friday, July 26, 2013

The Deconstructed Sketch 111 - Hello, Friend...

First, I must say...WOW!  Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the warm comments on my last post about my new design team position! There were so many comments and responses I don't have a prayer of a chance of replying to all of you individually, so I hope you accept my combined thanks, and know that it's sent with the same sincerity as if I was posting to you one at a time. :)

And what a fun surprise to find out that mine was the "lucky blog" for the LOTV prize drawing! Congratulations to Marlies whose name was picked in a random drawing from all the comments left below my post...I know you're going to love your awesome stamping prize!

Today I'm sharing a card I made following this week's  Deconstructed Sketch 111.  If you think something about it looks a little familiar, it might be because two of the patterned papers are the same as those used for the card I shared on my July 8 post. But this time, instead of a pale pink cardstock background, I used coral...and instead of bright aqua accents, I used a smoky, gray-blue cardstock...and of course, the design is different...LOL



Here's Donna's sketch...obviously, I adapted the design to fit an A2 size card instead of a square as in the sketch...but I think it still works!





The die cut 1/2 doily serves as the base for the floral cluster...




and the small sentiment tag, that was punched on the end with a Martha Stewart Eyelet Lace punch...




A couple small banners have an arc of multi-sized pearls over the ends...and I snuck a small snippet of tea-dyed lace beneath them both...

Supplies:
Patterned papers:   Authentique Grace collection 6x6/"Sweetness" (a&b sides) & "Poised" (dot)
Dies:   My Favorite Things Decorative Doily Duo;   Sizzix Flowers Branches & Leaves
Flowers:   Wild Orchid Crafts          Pearls:   Recollections
Lace:   local craft store          Miscellaneous:   hemp twine



Thanks for visiting today!  I'll be back on Sunday to share what I call  "not your everyday wedding card."




8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I love the soft colors you used. Thank you for joining us at The Deconstructed Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creation once again ! Visiting your blog is such a feast to eyes !Loved the colors and the banners with pearls over it .The flowers cluster is beautiful as always !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Kathy - I love the soft colour tones. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card! Lovely colours and details. A beautiful flower arrangement and the banners and pearls look great together.
    I was thrilled to see that I won the LOTV Christmas stamps and I can't wait to receive them and start on my Christmas cards. Very nice of you to mention me in your blogpost.
    Hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful card. Love the colours and all the details xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how lovely, the colors are divine, and love the flowers, and the banner in the top corner looks wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy!!! Wow wow wow, you simply blow me to bits when I look at your work .. I really do fall in love! It's soOooO DIVINE & over the moon GORGEOUS .. sigh ..!!! Sooo happy to be on LOTV with you! :)

    Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...