Monday, August 5, 2013

C.A.S.E.ing with a Twist...

Happy Monday, everyone! Today I'm sharing a baby card that I "lifted" from some I've made earlier, but added a little twist on the inside.

If you've been keeping tabs on me for a while, you've seen previous shadowbox-front cards here,  here, and here.  (As shown in my blog post with the first card, you can find the video by Olga, whose original design I used, here.) When I was asked to make a baby card to celebrate the birth of twins, I knew right away that I wanted to copy the last one (the baby card) the closest, and adapt it to this custom request.

After I pulled the papers and embellishments full of fun and bright colors, I set to work making up a little digital collage that I could use inside the shadowbox front. Then I "CASEd" (copy and scraplift everything) the front of the previous baby card I'd made, again working the babies' first name initials into the floral cluster with cardstock letters covered with Glossy Accents...





It's hard to see in the pics, but the white rose in the center is dusted with clear glitter, just to add a little sparkle...




Covering the cardstock initials with a medium-heavy coating of Glossy Accents adds stability to the letters, keeping them from bending...




Here's a little peek to the inside.  I was asked to include a way to be able to add a photo of the babies to the inside of the card...




...so I added a pocket to the inside, with room to place the photo on the front of the pocket. But it looked a little "plain" with just a large piece of patterned paper sitting there, so I used the clipart of twin babies that I'd used for the digital collage, and over it I added a verse about the "twin connection."  This decorated piece of cardstock is held onto the pocket front by sliding it inside a couple wedges cut into one upper and lower corner of the pocket front. This decorated piece can be removed and replaced by a photo on the pocket front, but in the meantime, makes the inside look more finished and complete...




Here's what that little note card inside the pocket looks like...

Supplies:
Patterned papers:   Basic Grey Kioshi/Rebun (stripe);   My Minds Eye Wild Asparagus Spring Polka Dot (orange dot); 
Fancy Pants Designs True/Pure (green dot)
Dies:   Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circles Large;   My Favorite Things Royal Leaves;   Memory Box Elegant Scrollwork
Punch:   Martha Stewart Medium Branch          Alpha letters:   Luxe Designs
Flowers and stamens:   Wild Orchid Crafts, Prima, and The Paper Studio          Lace:   local craft store
Pearls: Recollections (flat back) and local craft store (round beads)          Miscellaneous:   cheesecloth, clear coarse glitter
Digital Collage Elements:
Background paper:   Designer Digitals/KPertiet          Baby clipart:   Karenswhimsy.com
Flowers:   VintageImages.org (flowers29 and flowers425)          Edge detail:   Designer Digitals/LynnG/crisp2
Grungy white lace heart:   source unknown          "LOVE" font:   Miss Scarlett Plain



Thanks so much for visiting today...I hope your week is starting with a smile!




3 comments:

  1. Oh wow this looks amazing, absolutely delightful for twins.. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab ! I loved the shadow box front and bright colors a lot !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely and its so good to get a peek at the inside too. Hope that other DTs follow your lead and share their "insides" too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...