Friday, August 23, 2013

Happy (Shabby) Birthday, Sir...

Happy Friday!  After a lengthy post the other day, today I have a short and sweet one.

It was time for me to make another masculine birthday card...and time for me to come up with something new other than the digital collages I've been using for them. :)  It was also time to break from my blue/brown and green/brown combos that I usually seem to put together for these types of cards.

So today I'm sharing a shabby card that's still masculine...burgundy and cream, with metallic accents...there's a leafy pattern on the top paper, so I added a couple cream leafy branches around the center collage...




After unraveling the edges a bit, I scrunched a small piece of burlap with a running stitch through the center, and glued it down in a random pattern...then added some sprockets and spinners on top...




The sentiment tag sits inside a memo pin, and a small piece of film tape ribbon peeks out behind the burlap...


Supplies:
Patterned papers:   Prima Botanical collection
Spinners, sprockets, film ribbon, memo pin:   Tim Holtz
Copper gems:   Queen & Co.          Dies:  Spellbinders Foliage Two
Miscellaneous:   cheesecloth, burlap



Thanks for visiting today...have a great weekend!




3 comments:

  1. Its wonderful! burlap adds amazing texture to the card along with stitching,loved it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fabulous! I love the added texture of the hessian!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...