Wednesday, September 24, 2014

LLLC - "Show Your Style" All Occasion Card...

Happy Wednesday...it's La-La Land Crafts Wednesday, and our inspiration challenge this week is "Show Your Style."

I seem to have quite a few "styles" these days, since I started playing around with watercolors and mixed media. But I went back to my roots...shabby chic...and used the elements that are most common to my "fully loaded" cards - lots of layers, distressing, flowers, pearls, and lacy accents.

I used the Scallop Bracket Die Set to create the layers on the front of the card, choosing to place my layers going up toward the top of the card rather than my usual top-to-bottom arrangement. Each scalloped layer, and the Heart Doily on the side, were outlined with dry-brushed white craft paint to accent the edges...




The die cut Berry Flourish was also dry-brushed with white paint, and it, and the flowers, were all accented with clear gel to look like dew drops...





To complement the pearl accents scattered around the front, I embellished a Maya Road heart stick pin with a couple spacers and pearl beads...


Supplies:
LLLC Dies:   Scallop Bracket Set of 4;  Heart Doily;  Berry Flourish
Patterned papers:   Prima Sunrise Sunset (6x6)
Scalloped lace:   TheFunkieJunkie.com          Flowers & stamens:   Wild Orchid Crafts
Pearls:   Recollections
Miscellaneous:   Viva Glass Effects clear gel;  Hug Snug seam binding;  Maya Road heart stick pin;  cheesecloth



You can see more team members' projects over on the La-La Land Crafts blog and over on the LLLC Facebook page.

Thanks for stopping by to visit today!


4 comments:

  1. Oh how beautiful.. those colors together are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, WOW, WOW! This is just breathtaking Kathy! Those soft colours and all your shabby layers! I love your little dewdrops on the leaves and flowers, so beautiful! Gorgeous embellies, the pearls and pin are stunning! What a spectacular creation! So dreamy, hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful colours! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...